Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dune Deck, Lantana, February 9, 2014

This is the place you take your mother-in-law for her birthday. This is the place you go when you don't want to wait at John G's, and yet, you still want to get here early because a line forms at the Dune Deck as well. There is a playground nearby if you have to wait with little ones, and a lovely ocean view with benches if you are waiting with older ones.

Never forget: CASH ONLY. Always important to remember when you are a party of 6 to avoid scrambling at the end of the meal!

View: The ocean in February while the rest of the country freezes? Priceless.

Service: Friendly and fabulous. Waiter picked up on my anxiety and got my son's chocolate chip pancake order in right away, and the food back out to the on-the-edge-of-whining boy quickly. Coffee and water were refilled attentively.

Food: delicious. My in-laws didn't let me take photos of their meals. My daughter ordered a hot dog because she doesn't like breakfast much. Sean had home made corned beef hash and eggs. He loved it.



I had two eggs over easy with potatoes....





Here's what was left of my son's three large pancakes by the time my food arrived:




Mother in law: very very happy. If you talk to the host ahead of time, you can arrange for a birthday key lime pie and a low-key birthday song from the waiters.





Dune Deck
100 N Ocean Blvd
Lantana Beach, Florida. 33462

(561) 582-0472

No comments:

Post a Comment