Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Gabriel's Cafe & Grille, Wellington, January 16, 2014

Gabriel's in Wellington was ... fine. My review isn't any more complex than that. I was there to catch up with an old friend, and we had such a delightful time doing so, that I forgot to take photos or really make note of much of anything.

Let's see: my ham and spinach omelet was delicious and large. Kelly was better than me and got a veggie egg white omelet which she enjoyed. Her coffee was refilled repeatedly without prompting by a friendly and sweet waitress.

The place -- like so many that we go to -- is clearly a local institution. On a Thursday morning, it was busy but not packed, and no one ever rushed us out from our 2 1/2 hour chat session. The decor was standard country-ish, cozy, and slightly dated. It has at least three rooms and outside eating, so Gabriel's can serve many, but it doesn't feel crowded or sound loud. The food didn't blow me away, but also didn't disappoint. The seats were mighty comfortable for hanging out chatting with an old friend. Kelly said she's brought her kids there, and it's a kid-friendly place.

Sorry it took me three weeks to get around to writing this up!

I will definitely bring the family back some time to check it out more thoroughly.

Here you can see Urban Spoon for photos: Gabriels.

12793 West Forest Hilld Blvd, Suite G
Wellington, Fl 33414

561-793-0675

No comments:

Post a Comment